Friday, May 05, 2006

I miss this!

Here's a NYT slideshow and article about girls in New York who have cerebral palsy and who are learning ballet. I got to help teach a similar class when I was in high school, and it was wonderful. I wonder if there's anything like this in DC. I'd love to do it again.

Here's a short article from Boing Boing about a Dairy Queen ukelele!

Climbing last night was fantastic. Finally met up with my friend Adrian and his friend Aaron - we've been talking about climbing together for a year now. I felt like I learned to move more slowly and deliberately, which is good. 5.7's are still challenging, but I know that I can finish them. 5.8's are almost attainable, depending on how tired I am. Wish I were going back tonight!

Weekend plans - Cinco de Mayo margaritas with the Wellesley ultimate alums tonight, and then some violin I think. Tomorrow a bunch of us are heading to Baltimore to watch the Kinetic Sculpture Race. After that, we'll go to Blob's Park where they have traditional German food, hundreds of beers, live polka music, and a big dance floor. I'm most excited for that last item. Sunday = BRDM practice, which I'm definitely impatient for.

No comments: