Thursday, April 06, 2006

Trampled by Turtles!

Hailing from Duluth, Minnesota, Trampled by Turtles (TBT) is an original, non-traditional bluegrass band whose raucous live performances put a unique spin on the genre, tweaking the tradition with their own mix of punk, alt-country, rock and pop.



Fredachi introduced me to this band, and as I was downloading some of their music this morning, I noticed that they're coming to DC (well, Arlington) on April 20th! There's more info on the IOTA Club and Cafe site. Yay Duluth bands!

IOTA is also hosting Cloud Cult, another Minnesota band, on the 16th. Yay for Minnesotan music!


I got to go climbing last night with Scott, Erin and Nina. I was tired and sore from a long-ish day at work but left the gym feeling rejuvinated. I was definitely tired and sore, but as the result of physical challenges instead of computer screens. As usual, I can't wait to go back.


On my bike to work this morning, I passed someone mowing a lawn. It smelled wonderful. It's so exciting that summer is on its way!

No comments: