Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Australian suicide dream

Crazy vivid dream sometime last night. Something about climbing beautiful sunny cliffs in Australia. The woman (I couldn't tell if it was me or not...) kept wanting to roll off into the ocean as some sort of beautiful, heroic suicide. Her partner (either me or Scott, I'm not sure...) kept preventing her from doing that, and they/we kept climbing to one more ledge. But eventually she rolled off and he followed her into the ocean.

And then we were ghosts together, but very tangible ghosts. And my cousin Jeremy was there warning us about the extremely dangerous guinea pigs. They'd attack and gnaw you or something, or maybe they were more like the bunny in Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail



A visually beautiful dream, but strange.

I was reading plot synopses of Swan Lake today, since Scott's taking me to see it later this month. Different productions give it different endings, but
In the version currently (2005) danced by American Ballet Theatre, Siegfried's mistaken pledge of fidelity to Odile consigns Odette to eternal swanhood. Realizing that her last moment of humanity is at hand, Odette commits suicide by throwing herself into the lake. The Prince does so as well. (From Wikipedia)
So maybe I had a Swan Lake dream last night?


I had another dream, a nice simple one. I dreamt that my left big toenail was no longer bruised and lumpy. It had miraculously shed its ugly top layer and was smooth and white. I didn't realize it was a dream until I changed my socks at the gym today and saw the offending toenail. It's going to take forever to grow out. Sigh.

No comments: