Saturday, December 23, 2006

Quilting, MPR, Driving North

We packed up Dad’s Saab and are headed north. Fred and Margo are both napping; Margaret is tired from last night’s lefse making, and Fred’s tired from lots of pickup hockey. Mom and the dog drove up yesterday to help get things organized at my grandma’s house. Baking, decorating, making up beds, etc. I spent yesterday morning running errands with my sister – books, a new hummingbird feeder and 9 yards of fabric for a quilt. I spent the afternoon working on the quilt I’m going to give Scott for Christmas. I’ve been thinking about making one for a long time, so it was nice to finally have the time to put it together. The siblings and I met the father at the Hacienda del Sol for dinner, and then I spent the rest of the evening quilting. Thank goodness for Minnesota Public Radio – Talk of the Nation Science Friday, All Things Considered, and lots of great Christmas music made the hours pass quickly. Here's a picture of the finished product:


This morning was a quick wrapping of presents, a fruitless of scouring of the yard for decorative pinecones, a little packing, water-dish filling for Shackleton and Puff who have to stay behind, a little thermos filling for the coffee-drinkers, and we were off! Next stop, Lake of the Woods County.

1 comment:

Eli said...

Liz, I love the quilt!