Friday, December 01, 2006

A warm day, and humid enough that you can feel the air in your mouth when you breathe it in. My ride to work was soft, misty, lackadaisical. The asphalt was dark from last night's rain.

Yesterday's notable events:
Liz and Ann and I attended a hip hop class at the gym after work. It was kind of fun but mostly confusing. My performance was all hop... not too hip. From there, we met up with Scott at Amsterdam Falafelshop, which was very tasty. We dined al fresco, possibly for the last time this year. Upon returning home, we encountered a mysterious bad odor in the foyer. Then I screamed because I saw a mouse in the kitchen and it startled me. I took out the compost, but I don't think it was the cause of the odor. Scott shined his shoes. Later than night, I dreamt that a dentist was cleaning a 10-year-old girl's teeth on the street outside our house. Not on the sidewalk, but in the middle of the street!

Hoping for a low-key weekend. I feel like I've been about to get sick since Monday. Lots of zinc, tea and sleep should give my immune system the fuel it needs, right? This Sunday is the first Sunday of Advent, so I'll be going to church for the first time in months! Last spring, Pastor Cox left, which is too bad; I thought she was terrific. I haven't met the new pastor yet. Hope he's good.

No comments: