Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve Day

Thanksgiving Eve Day couldn't have been nicer. We've been having perfect fall weather lately - crisp mornings, bright blue skies, warm afternoon sun.



I worked from home in the morning - here's a picture of my office, which looked particularly nice this morning with sun streaming in and lighting up the flowers.



Then I picked up the car from the repairmen, dropped it off at the smog place and worked from the public library for a few hours before my stomach got the better of me and I went to Crepeville for lunch (and good wifi that let me access my work email).

I picked up the car, rejoicing in its smog compliance, stopped at the farmers market for pumpkins, beets, carrots and tomatoes. (Heavy on the red/orange food family today.) I should have taken pictures at the market - it was even more beautiful than the flowers.

I got home, did a quick workout (my first CrossFit workout in months), and when Scott got home, and we made one of our favorite Bittman soups - greens with soy sauce, habaneros and lime.


Today made me realize that even though Davis is small and doesn't have many places to go downtown, it does mean that you run into people a lot more often than you would otherwise. I saw four of Scott's classmates at Crepeville, and another friend at the market. Maybe this will get stifling in a year or two, but for now, for someone whose coworkers are voices on the phone or hastily typed IMs, it's great.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: