Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I <3 afternoon naps.

After lunch today I lay down to take a 10-minute power nap, but I slept for an hour. Oh, the joys of working from home. I got up, washed away the grogginess with a frothy soy cappuccino (have I mentioned how much I enjoy my new milk frother?) and have had a surprisingly productive day ever since. I've always been an early riser and have enjoyed getting things done early in the day, but these days no matter how early I get started, everyone on the east coast has already had a 3-hour jump start on me. The day invariably starts out hectic with all kinds of e-mails and IMs and phone calls to respond to. But sitting down to do work after dinner means that I can focus on producing things rather than just responding to things. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be out playing frisbee or crashing grad school parties, but given the amount of work on my plate these days it's definitely preferable to getting up at 3 am.

No comments: