Friday, October 19, 2007

The parental summit

As my previous posts indicate, I've been up to my eyelids in work the past few weeks. We launch on Wednesday the 24th, so make sure you watch CSI: NY that night! You'll get a glimpse of what we've been working on lately.

The really exciting news is that Scott's parents and my parents came to visit us this past week! This was the first time they had met each other, and I'm happy to report that things went swimmingly. They got rained on quite a bit but still had a good time hiking, touring a vineyard, learning about the gold rush, and visiting their eldests. I expect to see a full write-up here soon!

Scott's parents left on Wednesday, and mine moved west to San Francisco. Scott and I are meeting them there tomorrow for a day of sightseeing. If it's nice out, we'll rent bikes, ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, check stuff out and then take the ferry back. Maybe the Asian Art Museum in the afternoon, and then one last nice dinner.


It's too bad they couldn't have visited at a time when I had a little less work to do. I would have liked to spend more time with them. As it happened, though, I think I savored my time with them more than I would have otherwise. It felt so good to step out from behind my computer screen and to have so many wonderful people to spend that precious non-work time with!

No comments: