Thursday, October 25, 2007

We did it. We launched!

It looks like tonight will be a quiet night - the first one we've had in a while. The CSI: NY Virtual Experience launched last night, and things have been going really well. A bunch of Sheep celebrated at a bar in Manhattan last night, where we watched the airing on a big-screen TV... and of course had a bunch of laptops running. Some people were making sure the registration portal was running, some were keeping the servers going, some were making sure the sims were staffed with greeters. It was neat to watch the registration numbers spike each time a commercial for the project came on. It was great to watch the episode itself, after so many months of preparation. But when it was over... it was over. So soon. It felt very abrupt. Good thing it's a cliffhanger and we get to watch our work on primetime again in a few months. (That's assuming the writers don't go on strike.)

Kate came to the party too, and it was great to share the experience with her. I have such a hard time explaining my work to people, so I really appreciate opportunities to actually show what I do.

I spent the night at Kate's and heard all about her recent skydiving trip and decided that I really want to go. Scott's been already, and is busy as a bee these days, so I'm not sure what my chances are of convincing him to join me. But maybe I could get Fred...

And, finally, an explanation of why my color is "light cyan."

you are lightcyan
#E0FFFF

Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.

Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.

Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

No comments: