Monday, February 26, 2007

So easy to wake up on Sunday, so hard to wake up on Monday

Pretty fun weekend! Spent several hours on Saturday down by the Reflecting Pool playing in the Winter League frisbee tournament. We managed to lose all of our games, but I had a good time - especially after the ground thawed so my cleats could grab on to the mud. Here's a picture of my team, Minimum Flair. They're terrific.



I only played three and a half games, but I was beat by the time I got home. I got cleaned up and played Scrabble with Scott, had dinner and checked in with the parents and was in bed around 10.

Somehow, Scott and I were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 5:30 on Sunday morning, so we made eggs and were eating them over a Scrabble game by 6. After our second game, we talked about going toa climbing gym out in Rockville. Paul drove us all the way out there, but we couldn't find the gym anywhere, nor were they answering the phone. We decided they had closed due to the snowy weather and accompanied Paul on his REI shopping trip. I got a nice lime-green rain jacket on sale and some socks and a lantern top for my Nalgene.

We got home, started another game of Scrabble, got dolled up and headed south to a Prom party. Cheesy photos, top hats, a Prom King and Queen, it was great. We taxied home, finished the game and went to bed.

Two nights ago I dreamt that I was talking to the Devil, in the form of a thick-ish woman wearing spandex. Last night I dreamt that my bike was stolen, and I was VERY relieved to wake up and realize that I still have my lovely, zippy, yellow bike.

No comments: